The weather factor is usually a condition that involves specific difficulties when driving when there is an intense sun. It often crosses the windshield and affects our vision somewhat when, on the contrary, there is a lot of rain, the pavement becomes slippery. This is one of the most unsafe conditions for driving because vehicles collide with some frequency or speed bumps, the brakes do not respond, the car slips a little more from the bill. It is necessary to take into account a series of tips that argue how you should drive, what precautions you should take to avoid being exposed to a traffic accident.
The rain is the main factor by which the pavement becomes slippery. Here we will mention the most useful tips for you to drive well when crossing a wet sidewalk.
Tips For Driving On Slippery Pavement
- The first thing to keep in mind is that any sudden movement can lead to the vehicle sliding and colliding on another, so the main advice is to remain calm and make smooth movements and slow down at plastic speed bumps.
- You should accelerate calmly, and cautiously if you are making a change, avoid compellingly releasing the clutch.
- The same thing happens when braking, you must brake in advance, that is to say, gradually cutting back. You should not drive the brakes.
- You should keep the distance as much as possible if the manual indicates more than 3 meters away under normal conditions you should try to add another meter to that distance, keep a margin of separation so that you have response time under any circumstance.
- It is recommended to hold the steering wheel with both hands, and the response is more effective when we drive with both sides, there is more ability to pivot.
How Dangerous Can A Slippery Pavement Be
The slippery pavement is highly dangerous. Recent studies determined that at least 19% of traffic accidents are due to heavy rains, people lose some vision, and the pavement is highly slippery. However late we may be, we must take into account this series of tips to reach our destinations safely. Life is worth more than anything else, preserving part for each of us.