The compact sedan is among the best-selling cars in the world. Honda Civic is known for its reliability, performance and fuel-efficiency. The Civic has held an amazing reputation for many decades. It is speedy. It is stylish. It is modern. It is affordable.
Honda has rolled out the Civic 2020 model. So, let’s discuss the car in detail:
What Changes Did Honda Make to Civic 2020?
Civic Sedan and Coupe Sedan received no changes and remain the same as they were in 2019. The Hatchback has gotten a few tweaks in design and updates in features.
- Grille, front, headlight, wheels and bumpers at the rare are new
- The Sport trim now has a 7-inch screen standard with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also features keyless entry and push-button start.
- Ex-hatchback now features a power-adjustable driver seat
- The Sport Touring model can now get a six-speed manual transmission
Does Honda Offer Civic 2020 in AWD?
No. Honda has optimised Honda Civic 2020 for performance, speed and practicality. Honda Civic is among the fastest front-wheel drive train cars in the world and it does not offer all-wheel drive train.
All Trim Prices and Most Popular Trim
- LX: $20,680
- Sport: $22,380
- EX: $24,430
- Touring: $28,080
- Sport Touring: $28,980
Sport Hatchback is the most loved trim of Civic 2020. Priced at only $23,680 — the sport trim features a manual transmission.
- Sport trim is roomier than sedan and coupe, the reason being the hatchback which offers more space as the cargo area is not separate from the passenger area.
- The engine is a bit larger than other body styles as it features a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine that delivers 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
- The LX trim comes with a powerful four-cylinder 2.0 L that makes a 158-horsepower engine.
- The Sport trim also comes with a standard 4-cylinder, 2.0-litre engine that delivers 158-horsepower.
- Ex and Touring trims come with a 1.5-litre turbocharged engine and delivers 174-horsepower
The turbocharged engine paired with six-speed manual transmission is a bit pricier but quite popular among consumers. Unlike other sedans, the most unique quality of Honda Civic is that it maintains a great balance between high performance and driver’s comfort. This blend is usually available in luxury cars.
The Civic’s ride quality is also commendable. The perfect steering makes driving a sedan a joyful experience. If you like the speed vibes, buy the sport trims. These have quick steering.
Honda is known for its fuel efficiency. Ironically, the power 1.5-litre turbocharged engine is more fuel-efficient than the 2.0-litre base engine
- Both EX and EsX-L trims have a turbocharged engine, it delivers 32 mpg-city and 42 mpg-highway.
- The Touring trim offers 30 mpg-city and 38 mpg-highway
Interior, Comfort, and Cargo
Honda Civic 2020 has a spacious and elegant interior. You can store a lot of stuff, from cargo to gadgets.
Civic belongs to the compact sedan category. In this category, you won’t find a lot of space. But the Honda’s sedan defies the odds.
- It features 15.1 cubic feet of space
- The hatchback has 46.2 cubic feet of space and 25.7 cubic feet of space behind the second row
Honda engineers have provided customers with numerous subtle and elegant storage spaces all over the cabin.
Only the coupe trim has less space but, don’t go for it until you prefer style over practicality.
Infotainment and Connectivity
Everyone who has used Honda in the past knows how eagerly they desired to have bigger volume knob for the audio system.
That’s why Honda has introduced an engaging touchscreen interface.
- The front seating area has two USB ports and a 12-volt outlet
- All the variants above Sport trim come with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- The EX trim comes with One-Touch Power Moonroof
- The EX-L trim features HomeLink® Remote System and Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
The pricey touring sedan features a 7.0-inch interactive screen that has the following features:
- SiriusXM satellite radio
- Apple CarPlay
- Android Auto connectivity
- 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers and Subwoofer
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
If you are among those people who prioritize safety, then Honda Civic should be a pick for you. Each trim level of Honda Civic 2020 comes with an array of driver-assistance features including:
- Automatic high-beams
- Forward collision warning
- Standard adaptive cruise control
- Standard automated emergency braking
- Standard lane-keeping assist